Often employees within flattened, high–involvement organisations are charged with participation on various initiatives. This workshop focuses on the crucial role of influence in getting others to both listen and respect your contribution. This is often undertaken without necessary authority over the people they have to influence.
- Increase acceptance of ideas and ensure involvement of others
- Feel more confident in making suggestions for improvement
- Implement new ideas more efficiently
- Enhance personal reputation as strong contributors
- Gaining commitment
- Communication skills
- Building commitment
- Course Content
The basics of influencing and persuading people
- The challenges facing us and what effective influencing looks like
- Identifying examples of where delegates have failed to exert sufficient influence in the past
- Clarifying the benefits of using a range of influencing techniques
Influence, Planning and Negotiation
- Using the influence planning and negotiation tools to establish objectives and appropriate strategies
- Building rapport and understanding our basic representative structures
- Discussing communication through the transaction analysis model
- Controlling behaviours and effective responses
Skill Practice Process
- A video case study shows a positive model of an influencing discussion. Delegates then prepare and conduct skill practice using the techniques discussed
Applying Skills on the Job
- Delegates prepare for an upcoming on-the-job opportunity to practice some of the influencing techniques learnt.
This course is available on our open programme, click to see our course calendar
The course is also available exclusively for your organisation and can be tailored to your exact needs. Please contact us to get more information or call 01656 644300 to speak with one of our advisors.