Duration: 2 Days
This two day workshop is designed to provide managers with a broad understanding of the vocabulary, principles and application of accounting and financial techniques used to measure company financial performance. It will explore the issues of planning and budgeting and will look at some tools and indicators commonly used by businesses. It will also examine the increasing importance of management information in any organisation, what it might contain and how it is used.
Who is the Course For?
The course is designed for:
- Finance Managers
- Individuals responsible for managing financial matters within an organisation
Delivery & Assessment Method
We use a variety of delivery and assessment methods namely:
- Workshops & Tutorials
- Activities (Individual & Group)
- Role Play (Individual & Group)
- Group Discussions
- Reflective Learning Exercises
Candidates are required to:
- Attend all workshops & tutorial days*
- Complete any independant work required between workshops
- Complete Reflective Reviews or Exercises*
- Complete and submit Assignments*
- Complete or Attend Assessments*
*Only applies to certain qualifications.
What Will They/You Learn?
By the end of this workshop managers will be able to:
- Understand the terminology and the principles used in financial reporting
- Interpret financial statements as indicators of financial performance
- Apply these principles in a non-financial environment
- Learn some useful techniques such as key performance indicators used by businesses
- Understand the principles of planning and budgeting as the basis of management control
- Become familiar with the importance of management accounting and understand monthly reporting to managers
Pre-Course Preparation and Assessment
Be aware of the accounts of your organisation and bring a copy with you if possible.
There is an end of course assessment.
What Will The Course Cover?
- Clarifications of objectives
- Initial discussion of issues from each delegate
The Financial Reporting System:
- Financial objectives and business performance
- The balance sheet
- The importance of cashflow
- Accounting principles used for reporting
- The measurement of profit and the distinction with cash
- The profit and loss account
Analysing Financial Performance and Responsibilities:
- Key Financial Roles
- Responsibility accounting and cost centres
- Using financial ratios and key performance indicators
- Management accounting and information
- The role of a budget holder
Product Costing and Budgeting:
- The purpose of budgets
- Budget construction and co-ordination
- Preparing a budget
- Monitoring actual costs
Meeting your organisational needs
If you are representing a business this course can be run exclusively and tailored to suit your company's specific learning requirements and organisational needs. Costs are dependent on number of days required and bespoke content.
For further information please call 01656 644300 to speak to our Business Development team or Contact Us via email at email@example.com