Duration: 1 Day
This qualification has been created to provide an awareness of key environmental concepts and an introduction to environmental management systems.
Environmental issues impact on every organisation. The rising costs of energy and raw materials, growing awareness of stakeholders and increasing environmental legislation are forcing organisations to address their own environmental performance.
Many organisations have identified that tackling environmental issues can bring benefits to their business including reduced waste and utility costs, reduced liabilities and access to new markets and investors.
Who is the Course For?
All members of staff whose activities could have a significant impact on the environment or supervisors or managers who are being introduced to environmental issues for the first time.
Delivery & Assessment Method
We use a variety of delivery and assessment methods namely:
- Workshops & Tutorials
- Activities (Individual & Group)
- Role Play (Individual & Group)
- Group Discussions
- Reflective Learning Exercises
Candidates are required to:
- Attend all workshops & tutorial days*
- Complete any independant work required between workshops
- Complete Reflective Reviews or Exercises*
- Complete and submit Assignments*
- Complete or Attend Assessments*
*Only applies to certain qualifications.
What Will They / You Learn?
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Identify primary local and global environmental impacts of their organisation
- Understand key terms and definitions of pollution
- Understand basic principles, key concepts and importance of environmental law
- Identify the link between their jobs and a range of environmental impacts
- Understand business benefits of adopting an environmental management system
- Identify key issues related to energy use and carbon management, waste minimisation, water use, pollution and emergency planning
Pre-Course Preparation and Assessment
Multiple Choice Examination
For further information please call 01656 644300 to speak to our Business Development team or Contact us Via email at firstname.lastname@example.org