Duration: 2 Days
This qualification provides a thorough understanding of the main categories of accidents and ill health, their socio-economic costs and the benefits of good health and safety management. A properly implemented programme of risk assessments can assist in the prevention of injuries, fatalities, property damage incidents and other losses. This not only helps to prevent human loss and suffering, but also assists the effective management and finance of any business or organisation.
Following the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, employers with five or more employees also need to record the significant findings of the risk assessment.
Who is the Course For?
Designed for anyone with a responsibility to conduct risk assessments, such as:
- team leaders, supervisors, site managers and managers
- quality controllers
- health and safety specialists
- personnel contributing to the risk assessment process
Delivery and Assessment Method
We use a variety of delivery and assessment methods namely:
- Workshops & Tutorials
- Activities (individual & Group)
- Role Play (Individual & Group)
- Group Discussions
- Reflective learning Exercises
Candidates are required to:
- Attend all workshops & tutorial days*
- Complete any independant work required between workshops
- Complete Reflective Reviews or Exercises*
- Complete and submit Assignments*
- Complete or Attend Assessments*
* Only applies to certain qualifications
What Will They / You Learn?
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Conduct risk assessments (with the necessary technical knowledge in relation to the activities/ environments/issues)
- Organise and implement a risk assessment programme
- Participate in the identification of specific training needs for the activities being assessed
- Assist employers in meeting legal requirements and promote improved standards of health and safety within their organisation
Pre-Course Preparation and Assessment
CIEH Level 2 Award in principlies of Risk Assessment or equivalent experience/qualification
Assignment and Self-Evaluation
For further information please call 01656 644300 to speak to our Business Development team or Contact Us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org