This workshop aims to develop the skills necessary for individuals to feel comfortable with becoming more assertive. Once people understand the impact they have on others, this valued information can be used to improve performance.
- Identify a personal style that is positive and straightforward, rather than aggressive or submissive.
- Have examined their own personal style so that they may understand their own behaviour and identify areas where improvements can be made.
- Give and receive criticism in a constructive way.
- Employ constructive behaviour in the face of negative attitudes.
- Have practised assertiveness in situations, which involve confrontation.
- Approach problems in different ways and thus, be more productive
- Enhance effective communications with others
- Clarifying the different behaviours and what benefits there are in each behaviour
- Understanding what drives our behaviour
- Defining why some people are naturally more assertive than others
Recognising Various Communication Styles
Improving Working Relationships
- Looking at the impact of increasing awareness regarding communication styles
- Interacting and managing others and handling misunderstandings and conflict
Understanding Assertiveness and Communication with Others
- Seeing to understand
- Active listening and questioning techniques
- Getting more co-operation
- Dealing with difficult situations
- Giving and receiving constructive feedback
This course is available on our open programme, click to see our course calendar
The course is also available exclusively for your organisation and can be tailored to your exact needs. Please contact us to get more information or call 01656 644300 to speak with one of our advisors.