This course will cover:
- Definition and types of substances
- What is a hazardous substance?
- Health effects of hazardous substances
- Knowing what the label says - hazard warning signs
- Occupational health problems
- Health surveillance
- COSHH assessments and control options
- Controlling hazardous substances
- The ‘Hierarchy of Control’
- Occupational Exposure Limites
- COSHH Regulations
- Understanding the COSHH Regulations
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002
- Importance of company policies and procedures
This course is ideal for any individual who works in an industry that makes use of hazardous substances including:
For the Individuals:
- Understand the term ‘substance hazardous to health’
- Understand the dangers and potential ill-health caused by hazardous substances
For The Organisation:
- Comply with Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002
- Promote health and safety awareness amongst the staff
No pre-course preparation is required for this course.
Delegates are requested to complete a pre-course questionnaire that will be handed to the tutor before the first day of the course. This ensures that the course is delivered to the highest quality and is relevant to delegate’s needs and objectives.
There is a multiple choice exam that all delegates will be required to pass.