Topics covered in this course include:
- Current equality and diversity law
- Background and current updates
- Compliance in the workplace
Understand what constitutes workplace bullying and harassment
- Definitions of bullying and harassment
- Example and case studies
- Identifying and recognising which company policies can help you deal with workplace issues
- How would you handle this situation legally with respect and dignity?
Appreciate the different roles and responsibilities of the employer, manager and employee.
- Identify the 3 different roles and 3 different perspectives
- Implementing rules and regulations
- Use of positive behaviours
- Firmness, fairness consistency and confidentiality
- Know what affects dignity at work
- Impact of inappropriate behaviours when dealing with poor behaviour in others
Use of policies, procedures & positive behaviours to adopt and demonstrate company policies
- Disciplinary and grievance
- Performance Management and Feedback models
- How to use them effectively - counselling sessions and performance improvement planning
- How individual employees can and should use the company grievance procedure.
This course is aimed at everyone in the workplace and provides dignity awareness, crucial in the modern workplace.
By the end of this workshop, delegates will be able:
- Fully understand and appreciate the legislative implications of equality and diversity in the workplace.
- Understand what constitutes workplace bullying and harassment
- Appreciate the difficult role of employers, managers and individual employees when dealing with dignity at work
- Know how and why company policies on equality and dignity at work exist, including disciplinary and grievance, performance management and how and when to use them appropriately.
- Delegates will be able to demonstrate best practice behaviours to professional standards in a wdide range of / all workplace situations.
Pre-course preparation & assessment
No pre-course preparation needed however there will be an end of course assessment.
Other courses you might look to if this doesn't quite fit what you are looking for are:
If you are unsure which course is for you or your employees, please call and speak with one of our Learning and Development Advisor on 01656 644 300 or alternatively send us an enquiry here