The course will cover:
- Roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- Assessing incidents
- Manage and administer first aid to an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- Manage and administer first aid to an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- Administer first aid for a range of conditions
- Manage and administer first aid to a casualty with a minor injury
- Manage and administer first aid to a casualty for a range of major illnesses
- Manage and administer first aid to a casualty who is in shock
- Manage and administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- Recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for nominated workplace first aiders, or anyone wanting a comprehensive introduction to first aid.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Treat Accidents and Illnesses
- Use a First Aid Kit
- Keep First Aid Records
- Understand the treatment of:
- An unconscious casualty
- Heart attacks
- Burns and scalds
- Severe allergic reaction
- Eye injuries
- Low blood sugar
No prior experience or preparation is required prior to the programme.
The assessment comprises of a written examination plus a practical assessment of CPR, recovery position and treatment of a bleed. After completing a final assessment, successful candidates will receive an Highfields approved certificate valid for three years. An annual refresher course is highly recommended. This course is legally compliant with the current Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
Other courses you might look to if this doesn't quite fit what you are looking for are:
- HABC Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (RQF)
- IOSH Working Safely
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Working at Heights
If you are unsure which course is for you or your employees, please call and speak with one of our Learning and Development Advisor on 01656 644 300 or alternatively send us an enquiry here