Topics covered in this course include:
The Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring in Management is made up of three mandatory units which enable participants to understand, develop and demonstrate knowledge and skills in workplace coaching and mentoring:
Unit 1: Understanding how management coaching and mentoring can benefit individuals and organisations (D5.01)
- In the first mandatory unit participants explore the characteristics of effective coaches and mentors, going on to present a business case for using coaching or mentoring in their organisation
Unit 2: Reviewing own ability as a management coach or mentor (D5.02)
- In the second unit participants review their own ability as a management coach or mentor, exploring their ethical and moral views as well as communication skills
Unit 3: Undertaking management coaching or mentoring in the workplace (D5.03)
- During the final mandatory unit participants plan and deliver a short coaching or mentoring programme in line with their organisational, divisional or team goals
This programme is aimed at anyone who undertakes coaching and/or mentoring in their workplace or who wishes to develop coaching and or mentoring within their organisation.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Explain the characteristics of effective coaches and mentors, and coaching and mentoring programmes
- Present a business case for using coaching or mentoring in own organisation
- Review the effect of own value systems and ability to deal with performance problems on own coaching and mentoring behaviour
- Review own ability to communicate effectively and to use available networks to support coaching and mentoring practice
- Agree a short management coaching or mentoring programme based on identified developmental needs and goals
- Plan, deliver and review own management coaching or mentoring practice
- Improve own management coaching or mentoring practice to through reflection and review
There is no pre-course preparation required for this award; though TSW would encourage the learner to consider the topic areas outlined and how they relate to your organisation and experiences.
Assessments for units 1 - work-based assignment and for unit 2 & 3 – coaching/mentoring diary.
Other courses you might look to if this doesn't quite fit what you are looking for are:
If you are unsure which course is for you or your employees, please call and speak with one of our Learning and Development Advisor on 02921 680075 or alternatively send us an enquiry here