This course will cover:
- Understanding Leadership
- Leadership theories and styles
- Key leadership responsibilities
- Key attributes of effective leaders
- Leadership presence
- Concepts of authority and power; responsibility and accountability
- Processes of delegation and empowerment
- Factors influencing behaviour at work; theories of motivation and their application to individuals, including incentives and rewards
- Leadership by example
- Awareness of Own Leadership Style and Ability
- The key responsibilities of you as leader
- Evaluating appropriateness of different leadership styles in the context of own responsibilities
- Evaluating your presence
- Using a repertoire of leadership styles in different situations and with different people
- Recognising and understanding one's own strengths and limitations
- Using and interpreting different techniques to identify own characteristics, strengths and limitations
- The importance of continuous self-development and how to identify opportunities to develop oneself in the leadership role
The programme is for those managers wanting to take on a Leadership role as well as those who wish to develop their own leadership practices and skills.
It's suitable for managers in all sectors, at both first line and middle management levels, and will benefit both new and experienced managers and team leaders. It will also be valuable in developing leadership processes more widely within groups and teams.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Self-reflect, evaluate and assess their own capabilities and behaviours
- Understand their ability to fulfil the key responsibilities of the leadership role
- Be able to assess their own leadership styles and ability to lead others
- Understand the importance of leading teams to achieve organisational goals and objectives
- Create and maintain an efficient, effective, and motivated team
- Maximise team performance by understanding human behaviour and focusing on the needs of the individual and the team
- Improve ability to communicate, as a leader, with teams and other stakeholders
- Strengthen techniques for managing the performance of the team
Delegates are requested to complete a pre-course questionnaire that will be handed to the tutor before the first day of the course. This ensures that the course is delivered to the highest quality and is relevant to delegate's needs and objectives.
An end of course assessment will take place on the final day.
Other courses you might look to if this doesn't quite fit what you are looking for are:
If you are unsure which course is for you or your employees, please call and speak with one of our Learning and Development Advisor on 02921 680075 or alternatively send us an enquiry here