The course will cover:
The NEBOSH National General Certificate course is split into three units of study, each of which is assessed separately:
- NEBOSH National General Certificate
- Fast Track - 2 x 5 day blocks + 1 exam day
- Day Release - 1 day per week for 10 weeks + 2 exam day
Unit NGC1: Management of Health and Safety
- Foundations in health and safety
- Health and safety management systems - policy, organising, planning, measuring, audit and review
- Unit GC2: Controlling Workplace Hazards:
- Workplace hazards and risk control
- Transport hazards and risk control
- Musculoskeletal hazards and risk control
- Work equipment hazards and risk control
- Electrical safety
- Fire safety
- Chemical and biological health hazards and risk control
- Physical and psychological health hazards and risk control
Unit GC3: Workplace-Based Practical Assessment:
Our revision workshops are led by our trainers and are designed to make sure you understand key questions and topics that feature regularly in the exams and, most importantly, how to tackle the exam questions.
- Our revision workshops allow you to:
- Review topics from across the course.
- Discuss revision and exam techniques with the trainer.
- Resolve any queries you may have.
- Group study to help share study tips and ideas.
- Work through past exam papers and receive tutor feedback.
- Learn how to avoid common mistakes in the exam
*You must complete all three units within 5 years to achieve the full NEBOSH General Certificate qualification.
Managers, supervisors and staff from all types of organisations who need a broad understanding of health and safety issues. The certificate helps them manage risks effectively. Many people take the NEBOSH National General Certificate as a first step in a career in health and safety. It provides a valuable overview, and is a sound basis for further professional study.
The NEBOSH Certificate is a widely respected qualification which meets the requirements for Technician Membership of IOSH and Associate Membership of IIRSM.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the legal framework, moral and economic requirements as well as implications for good standards in health & safety within an organisation.
- Develop, promote and communicate an effective health & safety culture in an organisation.
- Identify the key features of a health & safety policy, the preparations and performance review of a health & safety audit.
- Understand the importance of proactive as well as reactive health & safety monitoring measures.
- Identify hazards in the workplace and carry out risk assessments, record findings & review procedures.
- Advise on strategies for controlling hazards, reducing risks and applying safe systems of work.
- Identify fire hazards and consequential risks, advise on measures to minimise fire risks and develop fire procedures.
- Identify ill health effects of physical processes of work and the environment then recommend suitable measures to combat risks.
- Explain the processes and procedures for investigating and reporting accidents at work
No prior experience or preparation is required prior to the programme.
Units NGC1 and GC2 of the NEBOSH Certificate are each assessed by one two-hour written exam. Unit GC3 is assessed by a two-hour practical assessment carried out in your workplace. A unit certificate is issued denoting achievement of each unit. A certificate is issued on successful completion of the two units and the practical assessment.
We can arrange exam dates for organisations/groups outside of our open programme days, two month notice before the preferred exam date is required.
All of our courses contain excellent exam practice and support to ensure you are fully prepared for the exam. We have exam success guides and revision notes that will be provided.
Other courses you might look to if this doesn't quite fit what you are looking for are:
- NEBOSH Environmental Certificate
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety
- IOSH Managing Safely
- CQI and IRCA Certified Internal Auditor (18026)
If you are unsure which course is for you or your employees, please call and speak with one of our Learning and Development Advisor on 01656 644 300 or alternatively send us an enquiry here