What will the course cover?
You will cover vast range of topics within the education and training sector. As part of this qualification learners will cover the following 5 mandatory units plus 3 optional units:
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Planning to meet the needs of learners in education and training
- Delivering education and training
- Assessing learners in education and training
- Using resources for education and training
- Develop learning and development programmes
- Equality and Diversity
- Evaluating Learning Programmes
The qualification is delivered over a 5 month period in a series of 5 workshops. Assessment is made up of assignment, project, micro-teach and peer assessments. Tutor support is available throughout the programme.
The Pearson BTEC Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training offers support for learners who are over 19 and want a follow on from the Level 3 qualification. The course will offer learners a more advanced level of knowledge, awareness and skill development that meets the requirements within the sector.
The course and its content is aimed at professional people, already in a teaching (as part-time or associate teacher), tutoring or in an assessing role. The mandatory units and their content are considered appropriate for the many related roles undertaken by teachers, tutors and trainers particularly in work-based learning.
By the end of this course delegates will:
- Developed their professional capabilities to become a more self-evaluative and reflective education professional
- Develop their knowledge and skills in planning, resourcing, managing, assessing and evaluating learning in their specialist area
- Better manage the wide range of learners to be found in the sector, growing an understanding of the education and training sector and of how they might play an active role in its future development
- Built on their knowledge and experience through study at an advanced level in order to enhance their understanding of the professional role
Pre course preparation and assessment:
There is a requirement to complete a short initial assessment and submit a CV before commencement. The course tutor shall arrange a short informal interview with each potential learner to ensure that requirements for teaching practice can be met and that the qualification is the correct programme for them (most often a telephone discussion).
- 30 hours teaching practice & reflective account
- Minimum of 3 observations of practice
- Witness testimony by a peer or manager
- Up to date CV
- Up to date CPD record
Assessment of Mandatory Units
A range of assessment techniques are used including (but not limited to):
- Written Assignments
- Written Reports
- Design and Development of a Learning Programme
- Producing a scheme of work
- Producing lesson plans and resources to accompany a programme
Other courses you might look to if this doesn't quite fit what you are looking for are:
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 Award in Education and Training
- Train the Trainer
- Presentation and Public Speaking Skills
- Core Skills for Coaching
If you are unsure which course is for you or your employees, please call and speak with one of our Learning and Development Advisor on 01656 644 300 or alternatively send us an enquiry here