Our Power Press Safety Awareness course will cover
- Health and Safety Legislation
- The requirements of PUWER 1998
- Power Press Mechanism
- Types of Power Presses
- Film - ‘Power Press parts 1 & 2’
- Testing and examination of presses and guards
- Tool setting
- Methods of guarding - F.I.A.T.T
- Tool design, with regard to Health and Safety
- Safe setting and tool layout
- Accident causation and prevention
- Summary and end test
- Test results and feedback
Who is this course for?
This course is required for any potential or existing operators of power press machinery including:
- Production operators
- Maintenance teams
Delegates will be trained in accordance with the schedule of training laid down in the ‘Power Press Regulations’, and will be aware of other relevant legislation, i.e. Factories Act, Health & Safety at Work Act and recent European legislation (6 pack 1992).
For the individuals:
- Understand key health and safety legislation (PUWER 1998)
- Gain knowledge of power press mechanisms and safety devices
- Understand how to identify causes of accidents and methods of accident prevention
- Practical instruction from experienced tutors
For the employer:
- Promote health and safety awareness amongst employees
- Qualified and approved staff to operate power press machinery
- Reduce frequency of accident and incidents involving power press machinery
No pre-course preparation is required for this course. Delegates are requested to complete a pre-course questionnaire that will be handed to the tutor before the first day of the course. This ensures that the course is delivered to the highest quality and is relevant to delegate’s needs and objectives.
There will be a multiple choice question paper at the end of the course.
Other courses you might look to if this doesn't quite fit what you are looking for are:
If you are unsure which course is for you or your employees, please call and speak with one of our Learning and Development Advisor on 01656 644 300 or alternatively send us an enquiry here