This course will provide you with the knowledge and understanding required to plan, prepare and deliver an effective speaking performance in a wide range of settings.
The skills developed will help you become more confident and control the inevitable nerves faced when presenting. You will learn how to keep people engaged and interested through the effective use of tone and visuals. You will have the opportunity to develop and practice these newly acquired techniques and skills in a supportive environment whilst receiving professional coaching and constructive feedback to really boost your confidence.
Topics covered in this course include:
- Introduction to speaking and presentation skills
- Numerous tools and techniques for effective communication
- Appropriate planning
- Engage with your audience
- Attention to physiology and vocal variety
- Coping with nerves
- Presentation techniques
- Do’s and Don’ts of visual aids including PowerPoint
- Establishing rapport
- Question handling
- Rehearsal and practice
This course is suitable for anyone wishing to develop their presenting and speaking skills further or to have a refresher of skills that may have lapsed over time.
Due to the focus being on the individual’s progression across the course their starting point may be a total beginner, someone with a little experience, a presenter looking to update their self-awareness or someone developing the skills required for a specific speaking event and looking to practice and gain feedback from supportive peers.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Clearly identify key objectives of a presentation
- Know what makes a good or bad presentation and identify strategies to deliver impactful presentations
- Plan effectively for a presentation by developing an introduction, main body and conclusion
- Develop your ability to attract and maintain an audience’s interest and engagement including making a good first impression on an audience
- Use techniques for managing your nerves
- Practical application throughout the course to help build both confidence and competence in presenting
- Identify key areas of improvement in their personal and presentation skills
Pre-course preparation & assessment
No pre-course preparation needed however there will be an end of course assessment.
Other courses you might look to if this doesn't quite fit what you are looking for are:
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 Award in Education and Training
- Pearson BTEC Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
- Train the Trainer
If you are unsure which course is for you or your employees, please call and speak with one of our Learning and Development Advisor on 01656 644 300 or alternatively send us an enquiry here