What will be learnt:
- Manage health and safety on site in accordance with current legal provisions within the context of their role
- Develop an understanding of responsibilities and accountability for site health, safety and welfare
- Recognise a safe site is efficient, economical and productive
- Delegates will receive a new Site Safety Plus certificate upon successful completion of this course which is valid for another five years
This course is for existing SMSTS holders. You must hold a valid Site Manager’s Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) certificate, which has been gained within the last five years.
Following successful completion of the course delegates will be have an understanding of:
- Recent developments in construction legislation accident causes, costs and reasons for prevention
- The legal system, relevant legislation, Approved Codes of Practice, Guidance Notes Codes of Practice and Case Law
- How to conduct risk assessments
- Importance of monitor health and safety performance
- Best practice in the management of sub-contractors
- The importance of disseminating information to operatives and sub-contractors
There is no pre-course preparation required to attend this course however a good understanding of spoken and written English is ideal.
This qualification is assessed through continuous assessment via individual and group exercises with a multiple-choice examination.
Other courses you might look to if this doesn't quite fit what you are looking for are:
If you are unsure which course is for you or your employees, please call and speak with one of our Learning and Development Advisor on 01656 644 300 or alternatively send us an enquiry here