Pullmaflex wanted to upskill its middle managers to improve its health and safety culture in the workplace, so signed up for IOSH Managing Safely training with TSW.
Pullmaflex UK Limited manufactures seating support and comfort systems for the automotive industry. It’s owned by Leggett & Platt, an organisation that conceives, designs, and produces an array of products found in most homes, offices, and vehicles. It has a turnover of $5.5 billion and employs 33,000 people in 300 locations in 20 countries.
The Pullmaflex internal training team recognised a health and safety skills and knowledge gap, so they wanted a training course that would:
- Give Pullmaflex’ managers and supervisors an understanding of everyone’s health and safety responsibilities in the workplace
- Give managers and supervisors the experience to influence, control and monitor risk to improve safety and health issues in the workplace
- Help them to understand hazards and risks, including how to assess, reduce and control risks in the workplace
- Show them how to conduct effective risk assessments and incident investigations
- Allow them to effectively communicate health and safety responsibilities with the workforce
- Help them to measure performance in health and safety
- The training managers wanted an experienced trainer they knew and could trust to fulfil their criteria.
“We have used TSW previously and found that both the service and knowledge of the consultant was excellent”
We worked with Pullmaflex’s middle managers to deliver an IOSH Managing Safely course that:
- Dealt with the health and safety challenges specific to their role
- Addressed the wider health and safety requirements of the business
IOSH Managing Safely tackled both these requirements as a level two health and safety certificate, that focuses on hazard perception and risk assessment.
It helps managers work safely in a high-risk environment.
Pullmaflex’ managers would learn to monitor and record accidents and apply risk management techniques to make their workplace a safer place to be.
We were able to address Pullmaflex’s health and safety challenges with the IOSH Managing Safely course.
Its human resources manager explained: “We have used TSW previously and found that both the service and knowledge of the consultant was excellent.”
After the training, there was an increased awareness of health and safety accountability and the purpose of risk assessments for all attendees.
“Managers now have a better understanding of health and safety risks, responsibilities and the importance of ‘why’ so they can communicate to their direct reports,” they said. “The training met our objectives."