What is Presentation Skills Training?
Whatever your industry or experience our presentation skills training courses will hone your presentation skills and help you communicate with impact.
We believe that the ability to present well is key to career and organisational success; this hands-on and engaging programme will provide the knowledge and understanding required to plan, prepare and deliver an effective speaking performance.
Delegates will have the opportunity to learn and practice the techniques and skills in a supportive environment whilst receiving professional coaching and constructive feedback to develop techniques and confidence.
Who is Presentation and Public Speaking Skills Training For?
This course is suitable for anyone wishing to develop their presenting and speaking skills. Also great as a refresher for more seasoned speakers.
It is perfectly suited to helping you with any of the following types of presentation:
- Public Speaking
- Group Presentations
- Training people - add some extra spice to your training delivery
- Sales pitch presentations
- Virtual Presentations
- Giving a presentation for an interview
Due to the focus being on an individual’s progression across the course, your starting point may be as a total beginner, someone with a little experience, a presenter looking to update their self-awareness or someone developing the skills required for a specific speaking event and looking to practice and gain feedback from supportive peers.
Benefits of Presentation Skills Training
- This course will provide you with the knowledge and understanding required to plan, prepare and deliver effective speaking performances in a wide range of settings.
- The skills you gain can be used in all types of presentation or pitch
- Become more confident and control the inevitable nerves faced when presenting.
- Learn how to keep people engaged and interested, through the effective use of tone and visuals.
- Get the opportunity to develop and practice newly acquired techniques and skills in a supportive environment while receiving professional coaching and constructive feedback to really boost your confidence.
- People who attend the course go on and continue to improve presentation skills through a better understanding of their strengths and areas for development.
How long is the course?
The presentations skills course is typically held over two days.
In-house presentations skill courses can vary in length as they are tailored to your specific presenting needs.
- Ronald Blythe: "A stimulating and totally engaging course which I would highly recommend. Thank you."
- Donna Bowhay: "Very engaging and useful course Would recommend it to anyone"
- Kim Shay: "The trainer George was extremely knowledgeable and did an amazing job right from the start. He made us feel at ease and the learning was interactive and interesting. I was engaged from beginning to end. I got so much more out of it than anticipated and I highly recommend it to anyone regardless of their working role, the techniques taught can be used in so many different situations. He brought out the best in us."
- Elinor Marsh-Owen: "George was absolutely amazing. The two-day course has flown by. I found the course to be extremely engaging and inclusive."
- Ben Board: "Fantastic course. Really enjoyed and learnt. Would strongly recommend"
Course Content Covered
Topics covered in this course include:
- Introduction to speaking and the importance of presentation skills
- Types of presentation
- Numerous tools and techniques for effective communication
- Appropriate planning
- Engage with your audience
- Attention to physiology and vocal variety
- Coping with nerves
- Presentation techniques
- Do’s and Don’ts of visual aids including PowerPoint
- Establishing rapport
- Question handling
- Rehearsal and practice
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Clearly identify key objectives of a presentation
- Know what makes a good or bad presentation and identify strategies to deliver impactful presentations
- Plan effectively for a presentation by developing an introduction, main body and conclusion
- Develop your ability to attract and maintain an audience’s interest and engagement including making a good first impression on an audience
- Use techniques for managing your nerves
- Practical application throughout the course to help build both confidence and competence in presenting
- Identify key areas of improvement in their personal and presentation skills