TSW Training continuously develop and improve a range of management training courses to reflect the changing world of work. We strive to make each of our courses more impactful, engaging and practical.
We have a range of management training courses that cover the core skills required by managers at different levels and in different areas:
Our Management Courses
- Core Skills for Managers – an engaging and practical development opportunity for line managers and middle managers.
- Core Skills for Project Management – a short training course to provide you with the essential tools and techniques to successfully deliver projects to specification, on time and within budget.
- HR Skills for Line Managers – a training course you will develop decisive people management skills to get the best out of your teams whilst avoiding costly HR issues.
- Coaching Skills for Managers – this highly engaging coaching course, you will be challenged to consider how you develop others using high impact coaching skills.
- Performance Management – this one day course will help you develop the skills required to build a highly effective team.
- Finance for Non-Finance Managers – a course is designed to provide you with a broad understanding of the vocabulary, principles and application of accounting and financial techniques used to measure company financial performance.
All of our management courses are available in our:
- Open programme courses and qualifications
- In-house delivery, exclusively for your organisation
- Virtual sessions in live online classrooms
*Rated 4.8 out of 5 by learners on Coursecheck, TSW Training has been a trusted and established training provider of choice for 56 years.
ILM Management Training Courses
As an Approved Centre with the Institute of Learning and Management (ILM), we offer a range of management qualifications that cover a variety of management levels and skills.
Our ILM qualifications are known as Vocationally Related Qualifications (VRQs), which means they are highly practical and focussed specifically on the role of a manager. They are aimed at developing the skills and knowledge needed by managers and supervisors so that they can perform at the highest levels.
Our ILM courses targeted at Managers include:
- The ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management course is generally aimed at first-line managers and supervisors (i.e. Office Manager, Team Supervisor etc.)
- The ILM Level 5 Award in Leadership and Management course is generally aimed at middle managers (i.e. Operations Manager, HR Manager, Production Manager etc.)
What is Management Training?
Management training is a learning and development activity focused on developing the skills, knowledge and understanding of Managers so that they can better fulfil their roles.
Management training programmes are not to be confused with leadership development courses, which focus on the skills needed to be a leader. It is important to understand though that management development will most often include leadership since great managers will also have leadership skills.
Bespoke management training programs
We also have a long history of developing bespoke management courses specifically for an organisation. We work closely with you to develop contextualised programmes that align with cultures, processes, strategies and other important business areas.
Make an enquiry and one of our dedicated Learning Advisors will contact you to listen to your needs and help you find the right solutions.
Who are Management Training Courses for?
People undertaking management training can be at different levels; they may be aspiring managers, experienced managers and anything in between. They may also be line managers, responsible for a person or team of people, or a functional manager, responsible for a particular area of work.
The ILM Level 3 and Level 5 management programmes are popular for new and aspiring managers and supervisors at the relevant levels.
The best managers need a wide range of interpersonal skills to be effective. In addition to our wider management skills courses, we design and deliver many interpersonal skills training courses such as communication skills, presentation and public speaking skills, train the trainer and more.
Management training courses designed and delivered by TSW Training are not the typical chalk-and-talk courses you might have experienced or heard of. Our courses are not simply driven by theory and models; they are highly practical and geared toward making better managers.
We design management training programmes that inspire attitude change, behaviour change, practice and performance and include a good helping of self-reflection and assessment, allowing managers to consider their strengths and areas for development.
Whether on one of our open courses or an in-house course exclusively for your organisation, you will experience the following:
- Highly practical management training, developing management skills and know-how that can be applied immediately in your manager role
- Participants are challenged to consider how they lead and manage, to become more self-aware and ultimately do things better
- Highly relevant learning content and materials that ensure managers understand how they can apply management tools and techniques back at work