What is Communication Skills Training?
Communication skills training seeks to develop a range of skills that allow people to communicate more effectively.
It is widely recognised that communication skills are crucial in creating high performing employees. They are a foundation for good leadership and management, and fundamental to performance in sales and customer service roles.
Communication is an interpersonal skill that no person can be without, it helps people improve their social skills to get the best from various relationships, including those with both customers, colleagues, seniors and subordinates.
TSW's communication training programmes will help develop skills that have a direct impact on effectiveness at work.
Typical content covered in our communication courses includes:
- The purpose of communication at work and how to improve communication skills
- Methods of communication
- Communication models
- Understanding non-verbal communication and body language
- Albert Mehrabian's rule of personal communication
- Verbal communication skills
- Creating rapport and demonstrating empathy
- Emotional intelligence
- Active listening
- Questioning techniques
- Transactional analysis - understanding the psychology of communication
- Email etiquette
- Conversation skills
How Long Does a Communications Course Last?
Our communication skills training courses vary in length, depending on your specific organisational needs. They range from bitesize courses to multi-day programmes.
We will work with you to determine the results you seek and develop courses that create the behaviours to achieve them.
Who Should Take a Communication Skills Course?
Our courses are intended for anyone who needs to develop their skills in communication, regardless of their level in the organisation.
We can develop communication skills training that is bespoke to a specific requirement and delivered exclusively for your organisation.
Typical Communications Outcomes
- Communicate more effectively with others through increased awareness of communication styles
- Identify and apply effective communication strategies and techniques in a range of situations
- Understand the barriers to effective communication and how to overcome them
- Understand how best to target your communication energy to individuals or departments for maximum benefit
- Raise your awareness of networking skills and communication in order to increase impact and build relationships