What does the IEMA Environmental Sustainability Skills For The Workforce course cover?
This is an introductory IEMA course to help learners get to grips with the basics, giving a fundamental awareness of environmental and sustainability issues. It's an ideal course for members of a team who work at an operational level, and will give them the knowledge, understanding and motivation to make a positive difference within your organisation:
- The main environmental risks and opportunities facing organisations
- The importance of resource efficiency
- The impacts of pollution, prevention, control and legislation
- The impact of transport
- Knowing how employees can support environmental sustainability
Who is the course for?
This course is designed to ensure that environmental sustainability is accessible regardless of the working situation, which means it’s suitable for any role, in any sector.
How long does it take to complete the course?
One day, or seven hours.
Ways to take the course
Classroom and Virtual public programme
Scheduled for the public, pick a date that suits your schedule and visit a training venue or dial into a Teams meeting to join the course.
Arranged exclusively for your team, set a date for your workers to visit a training venue or dial into a Teams meeting to join the course.
At the close of this course, you will have knowledge and understanding of:
- The main environmental and economic risks and opportunities
- Compliance obligations and business drivers for change
- The main potential impacts on environment and sustainability
- How to improve environmental performance
How is the course assessed?
An online 20 question multiple-choice test.
Why choose TSW Training for your course?
TSW Training is a training and apprenticeships provider working with both individuals and brands from all over the UK. Founded in 1966, it specialises in continuous professional development in engineering, manufacturing and health and safety, with industry-led trainers at the helm of every training programme.