What is the NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety?
The NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety is an accredited qualification that shows you how to protect your business and people from fire risks and hazards.
The NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety course contains fire safety techniques that are based on global best practices and suited to low and medium fire risk workplaces.
During the NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety course, you will learn:
- How to conduct out a fire risk assessment
- To identify, report and control fire hazards
- About fire prevention and protection methods
- Improve fire safety behaviour across the business
If you have a high-risk environment, contact us to discuss your fire safety needs.
Who is the NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety for?
If you're responsible for carrying out fire risk assessments, the NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety gives you relevant knowledge and understanding to complete a thorough, effective assessment.
The fire safety qualification is relevant for anyone with fire safety responsibilities. For example, health and safety managers, facilities managers and health and safety representatives.
What are the benefits of the NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety?
The NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety gives you visibility and helps you to resolve several issues relating to fire hazards. Primarily, you'll reduce the possibility of fire, but also limit the health and financial impacts of fire, if you ever encounter one.
- You're able to meet your fire safety responsibilities
- Understand the risk posed by fire and explosion hazards
- Recognise the controls you need to prevent or mitigate fire and explosions
- Recognise what should be in your emergency plans
- Effectively evacuate your people
- Know how to prepare a fire assessment
The NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety helps employees advance their careers with specialist fire health and safety skills. It's also a huge benefit for employers too, who will avoid reputational, financial and wellbeing losses caused by fire.
What is in the NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety syllabus?
The NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety is recognised and relevant, world-over, with course content devised by leading health and safety experts.
The qualification splits into six elements:
- Managing fire safety
- Principles of fire and explosion
- Fuel, oxygen and ignition sources and control measures
- Fire protection of buildings
- Safety of people in the event of a fire
- Fire safety risk assessment
Each element serves a specific purpose, all building to making your workplace fire safe, with all risks and hazards monitored and controlled.
At the end of the NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety, you will have a solid technical foundation of understanding and knowledge of fire safety. You'll be able to provide fire safety expertise and be equipped to positively influence your fire safety culture and encourage safer employee behaviour.
Learning outcomes of the NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety
- Justify fire safety improvements using moral and financial arguments
- Advise how fires and explosions can occur and the appropriate controls to minimise fire and explosion risk
- Advise your employer about fire protection requirements for premises and tell workers about the appropriate training obligations
- Complete a fire risk assessment in your workplace, prioritising risks, inspecting the workplace, recognising a range of common fire hazards, and evaluating risks (taking account of current controls), plus recommending further control measures and planning actions