What is an ILM Level 5 in Leadership and Management?
The ILM Level 5 Award, Certificate or Diploma in Leadership and Management is designed for practising middle managers, helping them to develop their skills and experience, improve performance and prepare for senior management responsibilities. This high impact ILM qualification is a multi-day programme focussed on the successful completion of work-based assignments and includes being coached to reflect on your own practice.
On the course, you will improve your ability to motivate your teams, while developing your leadership capability and management skills. You'll assess your skills, develop action plans, and create instant change in your organisation through work-based assignments and application of learning on the job.
How long does the course last?
Our open programme ILM Level 5 Award in Leadership and Management is run over 4 days in a classroom setting or virtually via Microsoft Teams.
If you are looking for an in-house ILM Level 5 then the number of days can vary significantly depending on the units and content you require.
How much does the course cost?
ILM level 5 course fees vary according to the which length of course you choose. The ILM Level 5 Award cost we currently off on our public courses is £1095+VAT per attendee.
What does the course content cover?
Our open programme courses are the courses we deliver in our venues across Wales or virtually throughout the UK. We have chosen these units as we feel the knowledge and skills they represent are the cornerstones of good leadership and management practice.
If you are looking for an in-house ILM Level 5, you are able to choose the units that best suit your organisation.
Becoming an Effective Leader
In this unit, you will develop knowledge and understanding of effective leadership as required by a practising or potential middle manager.
During the unit you shall:
- Evaluate your own ability to use a range of leadership styles, in different situations and with different types of people, to fulfil the leadership role
- Use theories of emotional intelligence to review the effect of emotions on your own and others’ performance
- Review your ability to set direction and communicate this to others
- Review your ability to motivate, delegate and empower others
- Produce a personal development plan to improve your ability to lead
Developing and Leading Teams to Achieve Organisational Goals and Objectives
In this unit, you will develop an understanding and ability in developing and leading teams, as required by a practising or potential middle manager
During the unit you shall:
- Assess the effectiveness of your own organisation in measuring team performance against organisational goals and objectives
- Evaluate the role of leadership in helping teams to achieve organisational goals and objectives
- Critically review your ability to develop and lead teams to achieve organisational goals and objectives
- Implement changes to own leadership style to more effectively develop and lead teams
Who is the ILM Level 5 course for?
ILM Level 5 is designed for practising middle managers and aspiring middle/senior managers in any sector. It is great for qualification for your career development and used by many as a progression to other roles.
It is the perfect course those looking to develop their skills in people and performance management.
There is no pre-course preparation required for this course; though TSW would encourage the learner to consider the topic areas outlined and how they relate to your organisation and experiences.
Delegates are requested to complete a pre-course questionnaire that will be handed to the tutor before the first day of the course. This ensures that the course is delivered to the highest standard and is relevant to your needs and objectives.
TSW's ILM Level 5 Award in Leadership and Management is assessed via two written work-based assignments of approximately 2000 words, that are to be completed in your own time.
The two assignments to complete are on the units:
- Becoming an Effective Leader
- Developing and Leading Teams to Achieve Organisational Goals and Objectives
At TSW we understand that writing assignments can be a daunting task, especially if someone hasn't written anything since their school days. Whatever the levels of experience, we provide appropriate support via tutorial sessions and open communication links with tutors that ensure the highest levels of support are given.
Benefits Gained from the ILM Level 5 in Leadership and Management
- Use core management techniques to drive better results
- Develop your ability to lead, motivate and inspire
- Benchmark your managerial skills
- Provide strategic leadership as well as day-to-day management
- Encourage strategic thinking at this level of management to foster business improvement
- Engage middle managers with training and development
- Designed to provide clear, measurable benefits to career-minded professionals
ILM Level 5 delivery options:
The ILM Level 5 course can be delivered in a range of formats, click on any of the buttons below to find out more.