About the IOSH Managing Safely Course
IOSH Managing Safely is a Health and Safety course designed for managers, supervisors and team leaders, awarded by the Institute of Occupational Health and Safety (IOSH), a Chartered membership body.
This is a highly practical health and safety course full of step-by-step guidance, whether you take it in-house, in a classroom or online. You'll learn about the current UK legislation and be given the knowledge and tools to manage safety in your workplace.
Choosing TSW for your IOSH Certificate
- Our IOSH Trainers are all experts in their field, all selected for their real-world health and safety experience.
- Full 24/7 support throughout your study
- Virtual, classroom and online/E-learning options to suit
- Available In-house, delivered for your organisation whenever and wherever you need it
- All IOSH course material and mock assessments are included in your price
- We have a 99%+ pass rate, your success is our success
- Independently reviewed 4.8/5 on Coursecheck
When you successfully complete the IOSH Managing Safely course, you will be awarded an IOSH Managing Safely certificate - a nationally recognised and respected training accreditation.
Who is the course for?
IOSH Managing Safely is designed for managers and supervisors in any sector, and any organisation concerned with safety management. It’s designed to get managers up to speed on the practical actions they need to take to handle health and safety in their teams.
There are many great reasons to take the Managing Safely qualification, read more in our blog about why you should take the course.
*The IOSH Managing Safely online course is perfect for those that want to complete the qualification in their own time. Self-paced and all online.
How much does the IOSH Managing Safely course cost?
The cost of the course depends on how you want to learn:
- Our open programme courses start from £499+VAT
- The cost of in-house courses, run exclusively for your organisation, vary based on numbers and specific requirement.
- The Virtual IOSH Managing Safely costs £499+VAT
- The E-learning/online IOSH Managing Safely costs £195+VAT per person (includes your IOSH fee of £25)*
Your IOSH registration and certification are included in the IOSH course cost, as well as all of your course materials.
*The online course fee grants you six months of access to our learning portal. You can extend access for an extra three months for an additional £60.00 + VAT.
To find out more about the costs of taking this course, see our costs page.
IOSH Managing Safely course content
The Managing Safely course consists of eight taught modules that will show you exactly why health and safety is an essential part of a manager's job.
The syllabus reflects the real requirements of safer working. You'll see practical improvements that benefit you, your colleagues, and wider business from the very first module.
- Introducing Managing Safely
- Assessing risks
- Controlling risks
- Understanding your responsibilities
- Identifying hazards
- Investigating accidents and incidents
- Measuring performance
To find out more, see what's in the IOSH Managing Safely Syllabus on our blog.
IOSH Managing Safely Assessments and Certificate
Course assessment tests your understanding of health and safety basics. There are two assessments in the course:
- A multi-format question exam that tests your health, safety and environmental knowledge - it's a closed book test that'll take you around 45 minutes
- A risk assessment project which sees you assessing the risks in your workplace - you'll need to complete the project within two weeks of the end of the course
On successful completion of both assessments, you will be awarded an IOSH Managing Safely certificate, which will be sent to you by post and will arrive within 2-3 weeks.
*For the e-learning/online course, the multiple-choice question exam is completed online and the practical risk assessment project is completed offline before being uploaded to the platform.
The first-time pass rate on TSW's IOSH Managing Safely is over 99%. If you do fail the assessment, you can arrange a resit to be taken within 20 working days (free of charge).
You're in good hands with TSW's IOSH Approved Trainers
Luke Pitt is TSW's Head of Health and Safety. He has revitalised our IOSH Managing Safely course since he joined the ranks. Our learners love Luke's sessions because he makes the course content fun, memorable and relatable.
He was awarded the standard of Recognised Safety Practitioner by IIRSM, so he spends spend a lot of time mentoring health and safety practitioners in the industry as a representative of IOSH. He knows the Chartered Body inside out - there's nothing he can't tell you.
He has two fellowships with the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management and the Royal Society for Public Health and has been a registered member of the Occupational Safety and Health Consultants Register since it began.
Luke sets the standard for all our Health and Safety trainers!
An IOSH Managing Safely Case Study
Pullmaflex contacted TSW because they wanted to upskill their middle managers and begin to improve health and safety culture in the workplace. We worked with their training team to develop a tailored IOSH Managing Safely course that would do just that.
Following the course, Pullmaflex's Human Resources Manager said:
"Managers now have a better understanding of health and safety risks, responsibilities and the importance of ‘why’ so they can communicate to their direct reports” they said. “The training met our objectives.”
“We have used TSW previously and found that both the service and knowledge of the consultant was excellent”