What does the IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management course cover?
This IEMA foundation course gives you knowledge of environmental, sustainability and governance principles, the breadth of the sustainability agenda, plus the required management tools and skills every employee needs.
Who is this course for?
The IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management is for beginners to environmental management and sustainability issues. You don't need any prior skills or knowledge to get started.
Workers taking on sustainability projects or stepping into a new environmental role will resonate with the course contents, able to lift it into their roles and apply their knowledge immediately.
How long does it take to complete the course?
Five days, or 40-hours
Ways to take the course
Classroom and Virtual public programme
Scheduled for the public, pick a date that suits your schedule and visit a training venue or dial into a Teams meeting to join the course.
Arranged exclusively for your team, set a date for your workers to visit a training venue or dial into a Teams meeting to join the course.
Why choose TSW Training for your course?
TSW Training is a training and apprenticeships provider working with both individuals and brands from all over the UK. Founded in 1966, it specialises in continuous professional development in engineering, manufacturing and health and safety, with industry-led trainers at the helm of every training programme.
Once you have completed the IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management you will know how to:
- Outline the implications of global trends for the environment, for society, for the economy and for organisations
- Outline sustainable business/governance principles and their relationship with organisations, products and services
- Outline environmental principles and their relationship with organisations, products and services
- Outline major policy and legislation and their implications for organisations, products and services
- Outline major tools, techniques, systems and practices used to improve sustainability performance
- Outline the role of innovation and other leading practices in developing sustainable products and services and providing sustainable solutions
- Collect data, perform analysis, and evaluate information
- Research and plan to provide sustainable solutions
- Deliver effective communication and capture feedback
- Engage with stakeholders
- Outline tools and techniques that identify opportunities and risks
- Identify and propose ways to improve performance
- Support change and transformation to improve sustainability
How is the course assessed?
A one hour, open-book, online multiple-choice exam.