This course will cover:
- Introducing working safely
- Defining hazard and risk
- Identifying common hazards
- Improving safety performance
Working Safely is for people at any level, in any sector, needing grounding in the essentials of health and safety. Everyone at work should have an understanding of why they must ‘work safely’ – and this course offers exactly that.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Carry out work activities without risk to yourselves or others and understand the consequences to both the individual and their organisation if you fail to work safely
- Identify hazards, risks and risks controls and understand the importance of risk assessment with examples of everyday use of risk assessment
- Understand how to take appropriate workplace precautions and their importance in the working environment
- Appreciate the importance of a health and safety management system
- Identify lines of communication with respect to health and safety in your place of work
- Identify safety signs and signals
- Understand emergency, accident plans and procedures and how and who to report accidents, incidents and near misses to, in your place of work
- Receive a nationally recognised certificate from Europe’s leading professional body
No prior experience or preparation is required prior to the programme.
The delegates’ understanding of health and safety basics is evaluated using multi-format questions and a hazard-spotting exercise carried out during the day’s training. On successful completion of the IOSH Working Safely course delegates will receive an IOSH accredited Certificate.
Other courses you might look to if this doesn't quite fit what you are looking for are:
If you are unsure which course is for you or your employees, please call and speak with one of our Learning and Development Advisor on 01656 644 300 or alternatively send us an enquiry here