TSW Training is one of only 80 training providers approved to deliver IEMA courses. We provide a suite of environment and sustainability principles training courses that give individuals, teams and businesses the skills they need to work towards net-zero and green transition goals.
Explore each IEMA training course and learn what they could do for your business:
- IEMA Certificate In Environmental Management is a 15-day course designed for those at an operational level, already in an environmental or sustainability role.
- IEMA Foundation Certificate In Environmental Management is a 5-day course for beginners on environmental management and sustainability issues. It gives you knowledge of environmental, sustainability and governance principles.
- IEMA Pathways to Net Zero is a 2-day course, perfect for those who are taking their first step into the sustainability field.
- IEMA Environmental Sustainability Skills For The Workforce is a 1-day introductory course for beginners. It provides fundamental environmental and sustainability awareness.
- IEMA Environmental Sustainability Skills For Managers is a 2-day course that builds on your foundation knowledge. It shows managers how to apply their newfound skills in the workplace and oversee a team applying sustainability processes.
- IEMA Certified Internal EMS Auditor is a 3-day course aimed at those individuals within organisations who are responsible for the internal auditing of an Environmental Management System.
*Rated 4.8 out of 5 by learners on Coursecheck, TSW Training has been a trusted and established training provider of choice for 56 years.
What Could IEMA Training Do For Your Business?
Invacare’s Health Safety Environment Officer, Ian Price, recently took an IEMA course with us. Here, he talks about the difference the training has made to his organisation:
Ian enrolled on a fully-funded IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management course. He has ambitions to become an IEMA practitioner, so he can lead Invacare towards sustainability and meet its Sustainability Development Goals (SDG).
Speak with our friendly team to see how your business can become more sustainable.
What Is IEMA?
IEMA, or The Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment, is a professional body for environmental practitioners worldwide.
It provides independent research, resources, tools and training to support its members and learners, to change attitudes towards sustainability.
Who Are The IEMA Courses For?
Attainable for all ability levels, there are strategic and operational approaches to choose from. Whether you are bringing brand new sustainability roles into your business or attempting to apply green processes to achieve efficiency and resilience or making an impact in your market, IEMA training will help you to achieve those goals.
The more advanced IEMA certificate is designed for professionals working in organisations at an operational level and pursuing a career path in environment and sustainability. It teaches you how to explain global trends for the environment, for society, for the economy, and for organisations, plus how to overcome these challenges and much more.
What Are The Benefits Of IEMA Training?
For businesses, IEMA qualifications signal a profitable green transition and a positive push towards net zero. The benefits are significant:
- Efficient, green processes
- An environmentally resilient strategy, prepared for legislation and compliance changes
- Buy-in from investors and improved funding opportunities
- A competitive proposition, offering reduced carbon footprint to tier 1 manufacturers and OEM companies
- Happier workforce, contributing to green initiatives
- The opportunity to attract new talent seeking an ethical career path
- Reduced risk of unhappy customers
What Can I Do With IEMA Membership?
There are different levels of IEMA membership and each level comes with a set of benefits. Taking IEMA qualifications can help you become a member.
- When you complete the IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management, you’re able to gain access to IEMA Associate membership.
- Successfully completing the IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management will give you the opportunity to apply for IEMA Practitioner status.
As an IEMA Associate or Practitioner, you’ll be able to access a range of benefits including:
- Invites to member-only events
- Discounts on industry events
- A catalogue of webinars and essential reading
- Access to regional networks
- Latest news straight to your inbox
Will IEMA Training Future Proof Your Business?
Relevant qualifications from an accredited provider future proofs your business in two ways:
- IEMA qualifications prove you are working to best practice standards
- They can be applied as a fiscal tool, reducing your energy overheads and applying processes that achieve a faster and more efficient approach
What Will You Learn During An IEMA Training Course?
Each course has its insights about effective environmental management and techniques that will make your workplace more efficient and sustainable, and perform with impact.
You’ll leave each course with a deeper understanding of:
- Compliance surrounding environmental skills
- The risks your business may encounter without adequate environmental credentials
- The opportunities that arise when you focus on increasing business performance, efficiency and impact
- The techniques and strategies you can apply at a strategic or operational level to achieve environmental goals and solve problems relating to poor sustainability
Case Study: DS Smith
TSW Training recently worked with DS Smith to develop the skills and expertise they need to transition to a more sustainable future and thrive in the green economy.
James Nicholl, a trainer at TSW, has seen demand for these types of courses rise dramatically in recent years. He says: “Companies understand the value of training. They know it’s all well and good to have a grand vision for decarbonisation, but unless your staff are equipped with green skills, their strategies will not be achieved.”
- TSW Training is one of only 80 approved IEMA training providers.
- Our IEMA Trainers are all experts in their field, all selected for their real-world experience.
- Full 24/7 support throughout your study
- Virtual, classroom and online/E-learning options to suit
- Available in-house, delivered for your organisation whenever and wherever you need it
- Independently reviewed 4.8/5 on Coursecheck