What is PLA funding?
Personal Learning Accounts (PLA) give learners in Wales the opportunity to study on a part-time, flexible basis, as long as they meet a set of criteria.
Fully-funded by the Welsh Government, the programme can help you to gain qualifications while you’re working so that you can learn and earn at the same time.
The certifications you achieve can help you to progress, or even change your career path entirely.
You’ll learn through a college in Wales and your sessions could take place in person or online.
How does it work?
You’ll need to apply for PLA funding from the Welsh Government, who will send the money for your course to your training provider. Our team have helped plenty of learners and employers to receive PLA funding and they’ll be happy to guide you through the process too.
Whether you’re looking for PLA funding for yourself or your team, we’ll make sure you’ve filled out all the correct forms and are getting the support you’re entitled to.
Am I eligible for PLA funding?
There are certain criteria you must meet to be eligible for PLA funding.
You must meet the essential three:
- You must live in Wales
- You must be over 19 years old
- You want to study a course in a priority sector
Plus, you also have to meet at least one of these:
- You’re employed/self-employed and earning under £29,534 annually
- You’ve been furloughed or are currently on furlough (including if you’ve had access to the UK Government’s Job Support Scheme)
- You work for an agency
- You’re at risk of being made redundant
- You work on a zero-hours contract
- You’re employed in a sector that’s been affected financially by the economy e.g. Covid or Brexit
You won’t be accepted for PLA funding if you:
- Are unemployed
- Are under 19 when your course starts
- Go to school or college full time
- Are in full time higher education
- Are in Welsh Government’s Work-Based Learning
- Aren’t an eligible overseas national
- Are receiving an Assembly Learning Grant or Education Maintenance Allowance
What TSW Training courses are available?
There are a number of qualifications you can complete with TSW Training, using PLA funding. You can only apply for one course at a time however you can apply again after completing a course.
- IOSH Managing Safely
- IOSH Working Safely
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- NEBOSH Fire
- NEBOSH Environmental
- NEBOSH Construction
- IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management
- IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management
- IEMA Environmental Sustainability Skills for Managers
- IEMA Environmental Sustainability Skills For The Workforce
- CITB SEATS